Do you need help with alcohol or substance abuse treatment, family counseling services, or life or career coaching in Hunterdon or Somerset County New Jersey?
My true happiness comes from inspiring the strengths in others. I believe that everyone deserves a joyful life. Through the study of the science of Positive Psychology, I have discovered a method to attain true and lasting contentment and peace.
Happiness can be learned and I have the tools to teach it. It is my greatest honor and pleasure to help others to achieve a greater quality of life and more happiness.
I have 20 years experience coaching people in making lifestyle changes towards greater happiness, success and a fulfilling life. With a Master’s Degree in Teaching from Brown University, I have taught hundreds of people in a variety of fields.
As a graduate of Kripalu and the Institute of Well Being’s Certificate in Positive Psychology program, I know the tools and evidence-based techniques to help others achieve a true sense of purpose, satisfaction, and greater happiness. I find this the most successful method of coaching for the most positive results.
I had a very successful career as an artist both as a jewelry designer and manufacturer. I have created many pieces for the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Bergdorf Goodman, Red Envelope and my own line which sold both nationally and internationally.
Additionally, in my career as a Substance Abuse Counselor, I have helped many people deal with their addictions whether it be to alcohol or other substances. I take a harms reduction approach and guide clients in setting their own goals for recovery. I support my client as we work together in reaching those goals.
The skills and experience I have had over many years as a successful artist and business owner, counselor and mentor make me uniquely qualified to help those who wish to move forward with their lives in a positive, meaningful, life fulfilling direction.
Education & Credientials
- Bucknell University, Ba 1982 – Lewisburg, PA
- Brown University, Masters in Teaching 1981 – Providence, Rhode Islands
Counseling & Coaching
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, State of NJ – July (2013)
- Eighteen years Recovery Coaching
- Intensive Out-patient Director, Guided Life Structures, Somerville, NJ
- Dawn Hale Design (Owner Jewelry Designer)
- Clients: Metropolitan Museum of Art, Bergdorf Goodman
- Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor, State of NJ – Department of Marriage and Family Services
- Certified in Positive Psychology, Kripalu and Wholebeing Institute
- Certified Forgiveness Trainer
- Certified Yoga of Recovery
Memberships & Affiliations
- Affiliate member of the Institute of Coaching Professional Association (ICPA) at McLean Hospital, a Harvard affiliate
- Psychology Today
- Wholebeing Institute
- International Positive Psychology Association
- Recovery Coaches International