Would you like help navigating the stormy seas of recovery?
Recovery Coaching & Counseling
Sessions for individuals, couples, and families
Are you seeking confidential 1-on-1 help with your own recovery journey?
Is someone you love suffering from a substance use disorder?
Are you finding that AA and the 12-step format isn’t a good fit for you?
Addiction is a chronic, progressive disease with relapse rates ranging from 40% to 60%. There is a huge need for help with addictions—both for the addict and for those who love them and are impacted by their illness.
And yet there are many people who prefer to not go to an Alcoholics Anonymous, Al-Anon, Narcotics Anonymous, or Nar-Anon meeting. An alternative is now available!
I offer strictly confidential support from the privacy and convenience of your own home, via phone and video chat appointments.
What is Recovery Coaching?
Recovery coaching is a form of strengths-based support for those who want to live life more authentically and with greater clarity, strength and commitment to well-being. What this means is that:
- We focus on what you want to create, the strengths you already have within you to do so—rather than focusing on the past and what wasn’t working for you
- We focus on your dreams for yourself and the choices you can make every day to move you closer to that desired future version of you
- We take time to acknowledge, appreciate, and celebrate you exactly where you are right now
Recovery happens on a continuum.
It’s not an event that happens,
but a lifelong journey to health and well-being.
What to Expect
During our initial meeting, we’ll discuss your specific areas of concern as well as assess if we are the right fit. From there, we’ll be able to collaborate in creating your personalized ‘you-centered’ plan and discuss how it can best work in your day-to-day life.
I’ll work 1-on-1 with you, week by week—privately and confidentially—to help you identify and achieve your goals, priorities, and aspirations, all the while holding you accountable to yourself and celebrating your successes, small and large.
“Dawn has the wisdom of a teacher, the compassion of a true caregiver, and the credibility of someone who’s been there.
Her expertise as a counselor and coach is informed by her deep knowing, her own story of healing and transformation, and years of expertise and practice.
But what I most appreciate about her is that she doesn’t pander or coddle. She nows how to ask the tough questions, and listen deeply to your answers. She calls it like she sees it, but in a fiercely loving way.”
— Claire O’Connor, Tucson Arizona
- Learn to manage your drinking before you become alcohol dependent
- Attain, maintain, and enrich your sobriety should total abstinence be your choice
- Gain insight into the patterns in your life that are getting in the way of being happy and
- Feel greater overall well-being
- Someone in your corner who believes in you and your ability and is there with you every
step of way
- Feel more freedom and autonomy
- Feel empowered by your new choices
I can help you:
- Focus on your strengths instead of your shortcomings
- Overcome obstacles
- Let go of the past
- Become more engaged with life
- Translate the lessons of recovery for the real world
- Make healthier decisions on a moment-by-moment basis
- Generate a reliable, trustworthy plan for handling yourself when life inevitably throws you curve balls
I also offer:
- Counseling for mood disorders, anxiety, depression, etc.
- Women’s Issues
“Dawn is a no-BS coach, guide, mentor, and advocate who listens deeply and shows you what works and what doesn’t.
She generously shares tools, resources, and support that not only are critical for lasting recovery and well-being, but beyond that, empowering and equipping you to cultivate a life that’s authentic, meaningful, and happy.”
— Tracy Corris, Hunterdon County, New Jersey